Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nomination


Honored & Humbled

Today, Amy from 24/7 Teacher nominated me for the Liebster Award! I am honored and humbled! I am new to blogging.  I started blogging a few months ago and am absolutely loving it!  

The Liebster Award is for new blogs. Liebster means beloved, cute, lovely, dearest and welcome! 

http://247teacher.blogspot.com/

Here are my "rules" for accepting this nomination: 

1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 250 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an email to communicate the nomination. 

My Nominations: ((Hugs)) to each of them! Check them out! 

Tamra and Sara from First Grade Buddies
http://firstgradebuddies2.blogspot.com/




Lorraine from Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies
http://www.fabulous4thgradefroggies.com/




Emily from Confessions of a Third Grade Teacher
http://confessionsofa3rdgradeteacher.blogspot.com/



Desiree from Kinders on the Block
http://kindersontheblock.blogspot.com/





Karen from Adventures with Firsties
http://adventureswithfirsties.blogspot.com/


Questions for Nominees! 

1. If you could be any animal what would you be and why?  If I could be any animal, I would be an otter because I love the water, are so cute, and hold the hand of their loved one so they will not be separated.  I love that!  
2. Have you read any thing lately? If so, what? Tell a little bit about it.  I love to read in the summer.  I am currently reading Sundays at Tiffany's and just finished The Memory Book, Love the One You're With, and The Memory Keeper's Daughter.  I love Jodi Piccolt, James Patterson, and Nicholas Sparks.  
3. If you weren't a teacher what would you be? If I weren't a teacher, I'd be a librarian or a nurse.
4. What is your favorite T.V. Show? I love How I Met Your Mother and The Bachelor.
5. What hobby do you have? I love to run, do yoga and pilates, read, shop, and bake.
6. What is your favorite store at the mall? My favorite store is The Gap.  I think my entire wardrobe is either Gap or Banana Republic.  
7. What would be the perfect hours for a school day and why?  I'm a morning person and I love being able to hang out after school, so I think going in around 7 and ending around 2 is perfect. 
8. If you could go any where in the world where would it be and why? If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to Spain, Italy, Paris, Galapagos, Costa Rica, Ireland, or Thailand.  They are on my bucket list of places to visit.  I think it would be amazing to meet new people, eat the food, learn about the cultures, and just immerse myself in their world.  I also love Tuscon, New York, North Carolina, San Diego, and Providence, and many other cities in the states! I love to travel. 
9. If you could win any prize what would it be? (Grammy, Oscar, Emmy, Pulitzer, Olympic, Nobel Peace Prize or any other) That's a hard question. I think it would be an honor to win any of these prizes.   
10. What is your favorite subject to teach? Why?  I love to teach Reading because I can share my passion for children's books and hopefully inspire a love of reading. 
11. What is your dream vacation? My dream vacation would be sitting on the beach with friends and family in any of the places listed above (except Tucson). 


Words can't express how grateful I am to Amy @ 24/7 Teacher http://247teacher.blogspot.com/ for nominating me!!! 

11 Random Facts About Me

1.  My favorite food is dark chocolate with sea salt caramel.  
2.  I have done Hip-Hop, Ballet, Tap, Modern, Jazz, Israeli, Broadway, Flamenco, and Belly Dancing for over 15 years. 
3. I can't sing. 
4. I don't know how to wink. 
5. I'm afraid of thunder, fireworks, and other loud noises. 
6. I think it's hard to come up with 11 random facts. 
7. I have never broken a bone. 
8. My husband is a Federal Agent.  When he travels for work he can't tell me where he is going because it's "Top Secret."
9. My bedroom is painted light yellow.
10. I am from New Mexico and I don't like green chile. 
11. I love to get a good deal.







1 comment:

  1. Melissa, I feel so honored that you would nominate me for this award! I've checked out your post and still have a few questions before I start. I'm having trouble finding your email address. Could you email me directly please? Again, thank you so much!
    Karen Rowland
    Adventures With Firsties

    karenrowland112677@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete