Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Made It

Today  I'm Linking Up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It! 

I invited some girls from church over to make some crafts.  We had a little mommy daughter time while the boys watched some movies.  Here's what we did for the 4th...

  
This was a super easy project and came out SO CUTE!  The girls were all smiles while they were working.  They kept saying we need to do this every week!  

So here's what we did...
I went to Home Depot and asked to have 2x4 and 2x2 lumber cut into 4",5", and 6" pieces. They were super nice in helping me out.  I then brought the pieces home and sanded them down.  We prepped the vinyl words ahead of time using the Silhouette {I'm OBSESSED!}  The girls then traced the wood on the scrapbook paper and cut.  Some of the girls even cut paper for the top, sides, and back to give it a "wrapped" look.  We then used spray adhesive to attach the paper to the wood and sanded the edges to make it appear worn.  We let them dry while we snacked and chatted and then added the vinyl words.  You just place the words where you want them and then rub them.  We used popsicle sticks which worked out perfectly.  We were going to spray or brush on Mod Podge, but when I tried it, my paper was starting to come off and bubble, so we just decided to leave them as is.  Now all we need to do is  add a little ribbon and find a cute place on the mantle to show it off.

And, in case you missed my post yesterday,  here it is {and there's BIG NEWS}...
PLEASE JOIN US!  I can't wait to see what products you have in your store that match with these decor and themes.  This is a great way to share what you've done and buy some products from some of your blogging buddies. We all work so hard and spend a lot of time and money, so let's Let's make sure to leave feedback as well to help each other out!  I just adore all of you {and your cute blogs, Facebook pages, and TPT products}! 

I'll be away from the blogging world for awhile, but when I come back, this is what I have planned.  I'd love for you to join me in these two linky parties.  It will be two full weeks of sharing your TPT products.  You don't have to join me everyday, but if you have a product that you'd like to post at a discount, please link up.  Don't forget to visit and see what all of your blogging buddies have available.  I have organized classroom decor themes the first week and by theme the second week.  Just thought I'd share the news with you ahead of time, so you can prepare. 






A special thanks to these amazing ladies for their beautiful products! 


No comments:

Post a Comment