Sunday, December 1, 2013

Currently December


Listening
I love Country Music.  Some of my favorite artists are…Florida Georgia Line, Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Martina McBride, Luke Bryan, Carrie Underwood, and Lady Antebellum.  Right now I’m listening to Jamie O’Neil’s, “Somebody’s Hero,” one of my favorites. This song is about amazing mommies.  I can’t wait to be one someday...

Loving
The past few days I have been decorating my home for Christmas.  I have made a few several trips to  Hobby Lobby for wreaths, garland, Mason Jars, reindeer, and other decor items.  I love to craft...just wish I had more time to do it! I'll post pics tomorrow. 


Thinking
I know several people who could use a little help this season.  Thinking about how I can help them.    It only takes a moment to make a difference.  Writing a letter, baking cookies for a neighbor, visiting a nursing home with handmade cards, donating toys, clothes, or food to a local organization, or volunteering at a local animal shelter. 

This is the season of giving. 

 Tell someone you love them.

   Make a difference. 

Give your time.

Hug. 

Call. 

Pray.


Wanting
My husband just left for a trip.
  He'll be home for Christmas though, and for that 
I'm grateful.

Needing
I feel like I need more time for everything.  More time for friends, family, laundry, blogging, praying, learning, prepping, walking dogs, cleaning house, reading, thinking, exercising, crafting, cooking, grading, shopping, Christmas cards, the list goes
 on and on...

Favorite Holiday Tradition
My grandma had a Nativity set on the top shelf of her closet.  Every year, my mom and I would go to her house before Christmas to decorate her tree and set up her Nativity set.  My mom and I go over every year to decorate with my grandpa.  He just turned 95 on Veteran's Day!  We are having the family come to my house today per his request, but will still decorate his house. I bought my first Nativity set this weekend.  It's not the same, but it's a new tradition I can start in my home and pass down to my children.  Although my grandma is no longer with us, she will be with us in spirit. And that tradition is a promise to 
remember the beautiful life she had.















1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your currently! Be sure to send me your address so I can mail you your goodies that you won in my Christmas giveaway!! You responded to me, but forgot to leave me your address. Thanks!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete