Sunday, November 1, 2015

Alternative Seating Research, Pictures, and an Opportunity to Help Virtually

So I've been addicted to this idea of creating a classroom that is comfortable, calming, and feels like home.  I've been MIA from blogging for quite some time because I've been staging a house to sell, moving into a new home and decorating, and reading about alternative seating.   
 
Every time we have a Professional Development day, I think it's so uncomfortable.  Throughout the day in my classroom, I'm walking around, sitting on the floor with my students, and moving from one table group to the next.  And then we have a day of collaborating and we have to sit in one place all day.  By lunch time, I'm exhausted, sore, and lack focus.  We get a short break to eat, walk around, and then have to come back for a second round  in the afternoon.  By that time, we're all ready to go home and struggle with staying on task.  No wonder our kiddos are struggling.  So, let's all work together to make our classrooms a better learning environment for our kiddos. 
 
Here's the hard part....
  We all have bills to pay, groceries to buy, gas tanks to fill, and more.  Personally, I don't have the means to go out and buy all these fabulous seating choices for my students.  So I created a Donor's Choose project to help.  I would love it if you could help me out by thinking about donating a couple dollars and/or sharing.  If you do that, I'm happy to give you something from my TPT store as a freebie.  Just email me at ateaspoonofthird@aol.com and let me know what you'd like.  Again, I'd love to have more available there, but life has me pretty busy lately.  
 
 
Kayla DelzerWhy  the 21st Century Classroom May Remind You of Starbucks
 
These pics are from Pinterest and Google.  I've also included some links to some fabulous blog posts and research on Alternative Seating.   
 
 Ridgleys Fun and Fabulous Firsties!: Alternative Seating:

Second Grade Paradise - Alternative Seating:  Differant types of furniture in the classroom!:   25 Most Creative Kindergartens Designs | 1 Design Per Day:  Physical Learning Environment - Flexible Learning Spaces:
Thanks for coming to visit!
Happy Fall Ya'll! 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment